Clinically shown to support healthy kidney function
- Helps maintain proper fluid balance
- Supports normal weight, appetite and energy levels
- Promotes good immunity
- Probiotics and essential fatty acids provide the best support for the kidneys
Essential Kidney Kit provides a 1-month supply for most dogs up to 50 lbs:
- 1 bottle of Kidney Support Gold 2 oz (59 ml)
- 1 container of Ultimate Probiotic 9 Strains 5.64 oz (160 g)
- 1 bottle of Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil 16 oz (473 ml)
- 90-day money-back guarantee
A comment from our veterinarian
"Pet Wellbeing is committed to maintaining a better life for our older pets. The three products in the Essential Kidney Kit combine prime natural support."
Kidney disease, or renal failure, is when the kidneys fail to filter impurities out of the blood and concentrate the urine. Does your dog have to go pee much more frequently? Is he or she drinking much more than usual? Your pet's kidneys are the most likely organs to cause health problems as they age. Kidney problems can manifest in two types of kidney disease:
- Chronic kidney disease
- Acute kidney disease
Chronic kidney disease sneaks up gradually over months or years and, tragically, is the common cause of death in dogs. Acute kidney failure is often the result of ingesting toxins, and is sometimes reversible.
If your pet suffers from any form of kidney disease, visit your vet to discuss treatment options. These can include intravenous fluid treatment, eventually dialysis (mechanically filtering the blood), various drugs, and possibly even a kidney transplant. A low sodium / low phosphorus diet will likely be recommended, as high blood pressure accompanies kidney disease. Signs of kidney failure can include: loss of appetite, weight loss, increased drinking, increase or decline in urine volume, diarrhea, vomiting and, in later stages, anemia.Kidney Support Gold
This unique formula is a gentle yet powerful combination of herbal ingredients, tested by our holistic veterinarians. Kidney Support Gold is comprised of scientifically researched extracts for supporting total kidney health. The result is a formula that is excellent for aging canines and is an essential part of your dog's long term health regime for helping to maintain normal kidney function.
The effects of the herbs in Kidney Support Gold have been studied for their "tonic" actions. Tonic herbs are restorative, help maintain vitality, and provide nutrition to the body in a way that it can readily absorb.Ultimate Probiotic 9 Strains
This is a high potency probiotic supplement for pets, supplying nine different strains of probiotics with added prebiotics. Ultimate Probiotic 9 Strains contains beneficial strains specific for dogs and cats, at a highly effective potency.
Beneficial bacteria exist throughout the bodies of humans and animals. They are vital to our existence and regulate numerous physiological processes. These organisms are passed from a mother to the offspring during birth and begin to populate the body inside and out, including the mucosa of the digestive tract and the layers of the skin. Throughout life, there are many things we come into contact with that can harm this microbiome or microflora, as it is sometimes called. Stressors can include medications, infections, environmental toxins and unhealthy foods.
Ingesting beneficial bacteria through foods and supplements supports the microbiome to stay strong and healthy. Probiotic bacteria are a normal and necessary part of the body's defense against harmful pathogens. Without these beneficial bacteria, the body is less resistant to infections, has difficulty digesting foods and displays less neurological stability. A strong immune system and absorption of nutrients are definitely of benefit to animals with Chronic Kidney Disease.
Why are probiotics administered for kidney support?
The gut flora of patients with chronic kidney disease is different. These animals benefit from GI support and supplementation with probiotics can help. Some studies suggest that probiotics lower the levels of uremic toxins in the body.Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil
Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil from Pet Wellbeing is rich in Omega-3 essential fatty acids. Our salmon oil, from pink and sockeye salmon, is sustainably caught in the cold, Alaskan waters. It is triple filtered and cold-processed in a human grade, certified GMP facility. Each batch produced is third party tested for mercury and other heavy metals, PCB's, dioxins and bacteria to ensure the purest product for your pet.
Kidney Support: The amount of omega-3 in Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil is the most appropriate amount to support pets with kidney issues, and is vet-recommended for these pets.Does it Come With a Guarantee?
Yes!Essential Kidney Kit comes with a90-day, money-back guarantee.Why Choose this Kit for Your Canine Friend?
- Certified organic and ethically wild-harvested herbal ingredients: Our formulas are entirely prepared from organically grown and ethically wild-harvested herbs.
- Good Manufacturing Practices: All of our formulas are manufactured in a facility that adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Full Spectrum Extract: The full biochemical spectrum of the herbs is preserved to ensure the potency of the extract. All raw materials are tested for identification and purity.
- Every batch tested: Every batch of our Adrenal Harmony Gold is tested to ensure the highest quality and potency. Every single batch.
- FDA-Registered Facility: Our manufacturing facility is FDA-registered. Strict quality control procedures are meticulously monitored.
- FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine Guidelines: PetWellbeing.com complies with the provisions of the CVM's good guidance practices for pet dietary supplements. All ingredients and caution statements adhere to these national guidelines.
- It's Guaranteed: In addition to the superior quality of our products, you are also protected by our90-day money-back guarantee.
These products are made by PetWellbeing.com, founded in 2001. Our goal? To bring the wisdom and experience of our caring holistic veterinarians to your pet. When your pet is healthy; you're happy.
To fulfill our vision, our on-staff, holistic veterinarians have developed formulas using time-honored, traditional uses of herbs, and integrated the latest scientific research. It is our aim to produce the best products for your pet that we can.How to Administer Essential Kidney Kit Kidney Support Gold
Administer product orally twice daily. Give one drop for every 2 lbs (1 kg) of body weight up to 50 lbs. Over 50 lbs, add one drop per additional 4 lbs (2 kg).
TIP! From Dr. Jan: You can safely double the administration amount of this product (i.e., give one drop per pound of body weight up to 50 lbs; over 50 lbs, add one drop per additional 2 lbs), as required.
Shake well before use. Does not require refrigeration.
BEST way to give drops! Add to food. Add drops to a small portion of a favorite food or treat and ensure the entire amount is consumed.
We know animals can be finicky! Kidney Support Gold is enhanced with delicious natural bacon flavor. We recommend administration of the drops in a way that your dog will like best.Ultimate Probiotic 9 Strains
Under 40 lbs ................... Give 1 scoop daily mixed with food
Over 40 lbs ..................... Give 2 scoops daily mixed with food
Store in a cool, dry place at a temperature of 70 degrees Fahrenheit or below. Recommended to refrigerate after opening.Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil
Up to 25 lb: 2 pumps -OR- one teaspoon
26 - 49 lb: 4 pumps -OR- 1 1/2 teaspoons
50 - 99 lb: 6 pumps -OR- 2 1/2 teaspoons
100+ lb: 8 pumps -OR- 3 teaspoons
BEST way to administer: Add to your pet's favorite food.
Store at room temperature or refrigerate after opening.Use With Caution Kidney Support Gold:
- Safe use in pregnant animals or animals intended for breeding has not been proven.
- Not to be used during diarrhea.
- Do not use with blood thinners.
- If animal's condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian.
- An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to using this product.
- For animal use only. Keep out of reach of children and animals. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately.
- There are no known side effects or precautions associated with Ultimate Probiotic 9 Strains.
- As a general rule, it is not recommended to administer anything else if you give yourdogblood thinners.
- Always seek the consultation of your veterinarian as needed.
- In case of accidental overdose, contact your veterinarian immediately. Keep out of reach of children.
- Rehmannia root (Rehmannia glutinosa):This steamed root is a vital herb used widely in the traditional Chinese herbal repertory and contains vitamins C, A and some B vitamins. It is best known for its "tonic" properties to fortify the blood, increase vitality and support capillary integrity. Called Dihuang, this herb is used to "replenish the kidneys", support normal urination and build the body's normal energy levels following illness.
- Cordyceps mycelium (Cordyceps militaris):Considered a "medicinal mushroom" (or "ascocarp"), this potent ingredient originated in Tibet and is used as a tonic for energy, vigor, normal immune function as well as normal kidney and liver function. It is said to help support normal metabolic processes and all body systems. As well as having antioxidant properties, it also contains amino acids, some B vitamins, minerals, sterols and enzymes.
- Astragalus root (Astragalus membranaceus):One of the best known "adaptogens", Astragalus is a replenishing herb for normal recovery from illness. It protects against free radicals and is widely used for immune health. Studies using Astragalus in combination with Dong Quai root show that these herbs may have an effect on the kidneys to normalize gene expression and help maintain normal, stabilized kidney function.
- Dong Quai root (Angelica sinensis):An herb of Eastern Asia, this root is used widely in China for health and as a food. One of its uses is to help carry oxygen to tissues and support normal blood flow. Considered a daily tonic, it has been studied in conjunction with using Astragalus for the kidneys. [Its use to help balance normal hormone levels in the body has led to a misconception that it contains estrogens.]
... 400 mg per ml (20 drops/ml)
Herbs are certified organic or selectively imported.
Inactive Ingredients: Deionized water, natural bacon flavor, vegetable glycerinUltimate Probiotic 9 Strains:
Moisture (max.) ....................................................................... 6.0%
*Total microorganisms .......................... not less than 5 billion CFU per scoop (1600 mg)
(Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus salivarius, Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Lactobacillus brevis, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Streptococcus thermophilus, Bifidobacterium lactis/longum)
*FOS (Fructooligosaccharides) ............................................. 1000 mg
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog or Cat Food Nutrient Profiles
Contains a source of live (viable) naturally occurring microorganisms.
Fructooligosaccharides, driedLactobacillus acidophilusfermentation product, driedLactobacillus caseifermentation product, driedLactobacillus salivariusfermentation product, driedLactobacillus plantarumfermentation product, driedLactobacillus rhamnosusfermentation product, driedLactobacillus brevisfermentation product, driedBifidobacterium bifidumfermentation product, driedStreptococcus thermophilusfermentation product, driedBifidobacterium lactis/longumfermentation product.
- Wild and sustainably caught pink and sockeye salmon oil. Tested for purity.
Amount per serving:
Per pump (2 ml):
- DHA..... 186 mg
- EPA..... 169 mg
Per teaspoon (5 ml):
- DHA..... 465 mg
- EPA..... 423 mg