Natural support for reducing plaque, promoting stronger gums and pleasant breath
Natural maintenance for oral hygiene contributes to:
- Good resistance to oral infections
- Less plaque build up
- More pleasant breath
- Soothing of the gums
- Prevention of problems that result from gum inflammation
Order Healthy Gums today and help your dog maintain good oral health and better breath!
- 90-day money-back guarantee
- 2 oz (59 ml) is a 2-3 month supply for most dogs
- 4 oz (118 ml) Value Size is a 4-6 month supply for most dogs
Designed by a holistic veterinarian, Healthy Gums is a potent infused herbal product with added nutrients for gum and oral health: Coenzyme Q10, Vitamin C and Zinc. It does not contain alcohol or harsh ingredients that can cause further irritation of the gums.
The base of this product is medium chain triglyceride (MCT) oil. Unlike regular coconut oil, MCT oil remains in a liquid state at room temperature. This oil is known for its ability to keep skin tissue healthy and provide nutrition to the layers of the skin. Furthermore, MCT oil from coconut, helps to maintain the natural immunity of the tissues, assisting the skin's barrier capability.What is Healthy Gums Used For?
Periodontal health is something every dog owner needs to be aware of once a canine reaches age 2 to 3. Multiple factors determine oral health status and these will become more critical as your pet ages. In particular, consider the type of diet your pet eats (including treats) and anything else your pet chews.
Early and advanced stages of gingivitis are both reversible. The bacteria in the mouth (which builds up between the teeth and gums) will cause bad breath and this is a first clue. Additionally, the gums may appear red, inflamed and sore. Touching the gums may cause them to bleed and exude pus. If your canine is having these symptoms, it is of utmost importance to treat and reverse the problem.
If the condition advances, it can lead to periodontitis, a disease in which the supportive structures around the teeth become inflamed, leading to more infection and eventually loss of the teeth. The infection can become systemic and travel to other areas of the body.
Healthy Gums is designed to:
- Soothe gums and oral membranes
- Reduce bacterial growth in the mouth
Use Healthy Gums at any stage or sign of gum inflammation or any oral inflammation. As a preventative measure, use Healthy Gums intermittently to keep the oral environment balanced and resistant to bacterial growth.
Please consult with your veterinarian for a complete oral health program if your pet shows signs of canine gum inflammation or disease.
A note from our veterinarian...
The bottom line is: If your dog's mouth is painful, he or she will eventually have difficulty eating. This can lead to weight loss and behavioral issues. Dental issues can often go unnoticed because dogs don't show obvious signs of the discomfort they are in, until the problem is in advanced stages and the dog is eating less, becomes more withdrawn and loses weight because chewing is too painful. Gum inflammation is painful. Preventing the advancement of gum inflammation is key to overall health and a lot of unpleasantness later on. Take some time to learn about routine oral hygiene specific to your pet.
Many dogs like to "kiss" us and we need to keep their oral hygiene at the top of our list for this reason as well.
Watch for signs that your pet may be having oral health issues, including:
- Aversion to kibble or hard food
- Reluctance to eat
- Dragon breath
- Hard, brown build-up on the teeth
- Unusual irritability or aggression
Have a look at your canine's teeth at home and note whether the gums look swollen or red, if there is obvious build-up on the teeth (tartar) and whether there are teeth missing or loose. A really bad odor in the mouth is unmistakable and is not normal. Talk to your veterinarian if you notice any of these signs so you can develop a plan to help your pet. Healthy Gums is an excellent addition to an oral hygiene strategy and may provide relief. If the condition is serious, your dog will certainly require additional support.The Role of Nutrition:
Many references talk about kibble cleaning a dog's teeth. This is simply not true, any more than a diet of crackers helps to clean a person's teeth. Consider giving your canine a "natural toothbrush" of raw bones every week to help maintain oral health and naturally scrape the teeth as your dog gnaws on the bones. Many experts feel that a raw meat diet is the best, in terms of oral health.
Talk to your butcher about bones for your dog. You can keep them in the freezer and even give them to your dog frozen to avoid contamination. We recommend letting your dog chew these outside as they can be messy! Take them away after a couple hours and never give raw meat to your dog if it has been at room temperature long enough to spoil.Does it Come With a Guarantee?
Yes! Healthy Gums comes with a 90-day, money-back guarantee.Why Choose Healthy Gums for Your Canine Friend?
- Certified Organic, Ethically Wild-harvested, and Selectively Chosen Herbs: Our formulas are prepared from organically grown, ethically wild-harvested, and selectively chosen herbs that meet the highest quality standard.
- Good Manufacturing Practices: All of our formulas are manufactured in a facility that adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices, including testing of all raw materials to confirm identification and purity.
- Full-Spectrum Extract: The full biochemical spectrum of the herbs is preserved to ensure the highest potency extract.
- Every Batch Tested: Every batch of our Healthy Gums is tested to ensure the highest quality and potency. Every single batch.
- FDA-Registered Facility: Our manufacturing facility is FDA registered. Strict quality control procedures are meticulously monitored.
- FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine Guidelines: PetWellbeing.com complies with the provisions of the CVM's good guidance practices for pet dietary supplements. All ingredients and caution statements adhere to these national guidelines.
- It's Guaranteed: In addition to the superior quality of our products, you are also protected by our 90-day, money-back guarantee.
Healthy Gums is made by PetWellbeing.com, founded in 2001. Our goal? To bring the wisdom and experience of our caring holistic veterinarians to your pet. When your pet is healthy, you're happy.
To fulfill our vision, our on staff, holistic veterinarians have developed formulas using time-honored, traditional uses of herbs and integrated the latest scientific research. It is our aim to produce the best products for your pet that we can.How to Administer Healthy Gums
Administer twice daily. Shake vigorously before use.
Amount per application (approximate):
- Under 10 lbs.................. 3-4 drops
- 11 lbs - 40 lbs................ 5-7 drops
- Over 40 lbs.................... 8-10 drops
Using dropper, apply directly onto gums. Use only enough to sufficiently coat the gums.
Some people find it useful to apply gently and spread with a fingertip or cotton swab (Q-Tip) if the gums are not excessively inflamed. Be mindful not to cause added discomfort or pain during application as infected or inflamed gums can be extremely sensitive.
Avoid touching the dropper to infected areas to prevent contamination of the product.
Treating the gums can be challenging but your pet will be glad you did.Use With Caution
- Not to be used during pregnancy or nursing.
- If animal's condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian.
- Absorption of drugs may be delayed if taken at the same time.
- Use with caution in cardiac or kidney conditions or if taking steroids. Excessive use may contribute to water retention or hypertension.
- An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to using this product.
- For animal use only. Keep out of reach of children and animals. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately.
- Calendula flower (Calendula officinalis): The yellow-orange petals of Calendula flowers have shown notable antimicrobial and natural antiseptic-like properties. Used to support normal healing of the skin, Calendula also soothes inflamed skin and has been used for gingivitis.
- Marshmallow root (Althea officinale): Marshmallow root is high in mucilage which soothes and protects the delicate tissues of the mouth and gums.
- Goldenseal root (Hydrastis canadensis): Goldenseal has been shown to have powerful, natural antimicrobial properties and is especially beneficial for conditions involving the mucous membranes.
- Bayberry root bark (Myrica cerifera): Bayberry is one of the best herbal astringents, meaning that it tones and tightens mucous membranes. It works particularly well for treating the lining of the alimentary canal (which includes the tissues inside the mouth and the gums) and also has a mild antibacterial property.
- Chinese Skullcap (Scutellaria baicalensis): Baikal Skullcap is high in flavonoids and has natural antimicrobial and antioxidant properties. It is used in oral preparations to help reduce inflammation of the membranes inside the mouth.
- Licorice root (Glycyrrhiza glabra): Also called "sweet root" and the "universal herb," Licorice demonstrates natural antimicrobial properties. It also has a mild demulcent (softening) quality and a natural sweetness.
- Prickly Ash bark (Zanthoxylum americanum): Used in Native American medicine, the bark of this tree has been called "toothache bark" and possesses astringent qualities.
- Coptis root (Coptis chinensis): High in berberine, Coptis has similar properties to Goldenseal. It has particular application with ulceration of mucous membranes.
- Myrrh gum (Commiphora mol-mol): One of the most well-known herbal antiseptics, Myrrh has antimicrobial and astringent qualities that make it ideal for oral health.
... 183 mg per ml (20 drops/ml)
Herbs are certified organic, ethically wild-harvested or selectively imported.
- Coenzyme Q10................................... 30 mg
- Ascorbyl palmitate (Vitamin C)........... 10 mg
- Zinc oxide............................................ 0.75 mg
Inactive Ingredients: Medium chain triglyceride (MCT) oil